Sending envelopes through the document option works from the file upload you have, and can be more than one. Envelope is a group of documents that can be sent to participants you define. When it is attached two or more, Docusign will combine these files in only one big document before sending.
In the document file it is possible to insert markins to point out the place where the signatures must be inserted. The markings, as a Docusign recommendation, should be the same color of the background, so, when they put the signatures in the same location the mark will be hidden. To upload one or more just click on the Upload button.
In this example, we use two markings: MARKER 1 and MARKER 2, inserted in the fields where the signatures should appear, between brackets and in white color. In the example below we are using the marking with the color in black as a demonstration.
After uploading, it is necessary to define those involved in the process of sending the envelope, in the Recipients section. The fields must be filled in as follows:
- Name: name of the person involved in sending the envelope. For this option, the people involved in the deal/lead are loaded for selection and autocomplete, name and email.
- Email: email address of the person involved in sending the envelope.
- Role: defines the person’s role, which can be viewing, signing or copying.
Also for shipping customization, in the Customize section, you can count on the following features:
- Placeholders: if the person is a signer of the envelope, insert the mark you define in your document.
- Access code: optional. Additional security feature, where the subscriber will need a code to access the document.
- Subscription type: Defines the subscriber's subscription type, among those available in the sealed DocuSign account.
- Rubric: If selected, the placeholders fields of the rubric are displayed.
To insert more participants involved in sending the envelope just click in (+), blue button.
The next step is to optionally define the subject and body of the email. If you leave these fields blank, docusign will fill the default messages.
To finish sending, click Send.
Once the submission is confirmed, the deal/lead is updated with the tag “eZSign_envelope_sent” and other with the format "eZSign_[name of the document or template]" and an internal note with the name of the submitted template, the name of those involved in the envelope signature and the date and time of submission.
After sending, in the Sent tab, you can check the status of the sent envelope as “waiting”, with a clock icon, until all the signers sign the document.
Once all signers have signed up, the final envelope is then sent to everyone involved in the process.